Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Ultimate Battle

What is a battle:
World War II?
The decision of what to wear in the morning?
The Avengers?

One battle that I was thinking about today is the battle between FUN VS. HAPPINESS.
Now, you may be asking why is this a battle but I promise it is! Just stick with me for a few seconds.

What is fun:
Playing sports?
Staying out all night with your friends doing crazy things and breaking rule #3?
A good shopping spree?

For most people, especially young adults, living the "fun life" includes some sort of alcohol, drugs, and immorality. Most college students would look at the life I am living at college and see it as dull or boring. "WHERE IS THE FUN?" they might ask.

And this is where the battle comes in...

I am not here to live the "fun" life. But instead to find the HAPPY LIFE! I am not like most college students. I do not find happiness in the "fun" that most of the world enjoys. I have come to realize over a lifetime, and particularly the past two years that in reality I do not want to live the "fun life," I want to find and live the "happy life."

So what is the happy life:
For me, happiness comes as I build relationships with my family and those that I care about.
Happiness is feeling pain and heartache so that I can experience joy!
Happiness is choosing to follow Christ knowing that his path will always bring me to happiness.





While partying with friends right now might be "fun," in the long run, I want HAPPINESS and that happiness will only be found as I draw closer to my Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment